Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Very Serious Matter



Let's talk about a very serious matter.
The baked potato.
I LOVE a baked potato, not so much for the potato innards itself, but for the butter
you drown it in and the crispy salty peeling.

I bake a perfect baked potato, I swear I do.



This is for 3 or 4 potatoes...if you are baking more you probably need to extend your baking time...not sure by how much though .... google that ok ?

First get some nice fat russets.

Preheat to 350.
Wash and pat dry.
Now poke holes in your potatoes with a fork, stab it oh.... 3  times per side.
Microwave those potatoes for 5 mins. on high.

When done, coat those babies in olive oil and sprinkle on kosher salt.
Sprinkle to your liking I completely coat mine...I LOVE that salty crust this makes.

Now...just in case they drip before I place my potatoes directly on the rack I put a baking sheet
underneath on the bottom rack.
Place your potatoes on the top rack and bake for 1 hour.

After one hour squeeze with tongs to make sure they are soft...they should be but if not...bake a bit longer.

When they are done.....You are just plain crazy if you don't smother that baby in butter and maybe even cheese and eat every single bite...yes the peeling too it is so so good.

Yum.


Pin It!

2 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

you know... I need to try baking mine this way. most of the time I am just in such a hurry that I stab them once or twice (THEY REALLY DO EXPLODE. ask me how I know this.) and throw them in... but olive oil and salt on the outside? mmm yes.

Unknown said...

I LOVE baked potatoes. When I was expecting Julia, they were all i could eat. Wendy's was my standby :)